- Remediation of a former dye manufacturing factory, Manchester
- Remediation of a former chemical factory, Four Ashes, Staffordshire.
- Remediation of designated Part 2A gardens, St Helens
- Remediation of a former timber yard Brookwood, Woking
- Remediation of a fuel spill in chalk Wiltshire Downs
- Remediation of a former dry cleaning factory, Bootle, Liverpool
- Remediation of a former petrochemical plant, Baglan, South Wales
We were very impressed with the way that QDS carried out and managed the remediation works. Their approach was both professional and considerate at all times.
Remediation of a former dry cleaning factory, Bootle, Liverpool
The remediation of a former dry cleaning factory in Bootle presented us with a number of key challenges due to the site’s sensitive setting within a densely populated area of Bootle. These challenges were met with our most comprehensive Environmental Management Plan to date.
Hotspots of solvents and hydrocarbons were identified in the shallow Made Ground and groundwater at the site. Contamination presented a potential risk to the future site occupiers. We were contracted to undertake the soil remediation and deliver a programme of groundwater remediation.
Investment in real-time monitoring instruments and development of a comprehensive Emissions Monitoring Plan we have ever put in place enabled the successful treatment of 2,000m3 of soils and management of 20,000m3 of soils.
Soil remediation works involved:
• delivery of a watching brief during soil re-profiling works
• supervision of soil hotspot and underground storage tanks excavation
• segregation and management of quarantined soils
• bioremediation (biopiling) and vapour extraction of soils
• validation and re-use of soils suitable for backﬁlling under the Site Materials Management Plan
No complaints of odours or vapours were received during the works due to our diligence in sticking to our monitoring regime. This included stringent mitigation measures for odour minimisation, vapour treatment and extensive odour suppression. The soil and groundwater remediation works were undertaken safely with no adverse impact on the surrounding community. Soil remediation works were validated to the satisfaction of the regulators.
Click here to download the full case study.